Thursday, April 8, 2010

Featured Child: Ian

There are some scary moments:

I live in a small town were there is not acurate specicalists and hospitals to tend to the needs of spina bifida, so i had to deliver out of town. i delivered Ian in one hospital but then he was taken to another for his surgeries.Ian was in the nicu longer then he needed to be due to a student nurce putting the wrong bandage on my son's back. that was a scary moment because while he was in one hospital I was in another with my kidneys failing, so I couldnt do anything to defend him.

Finding out the news:
I found out about Ian's spina bifida through an ultrasound, they presented the news to me as if it was the end of the world; sugesting I should abort him for his benefit.

Some people just know what to say:
The most encouraging words said to me was that doctors are wrong about knowing the future; it is up to the individual child to know were they were going to go, not the doctors.

Some people dont:

People ask why he isnt walking yet, and when I tell them he has spina bifida; they say is that curable, "is he going to have that his whole life?"

I'm Proud of him:

Ian is crawling as speedy as a racecar, pulling up on everything in sight; and cruising around along the couches like a pro, no doubt he will be walking by his next birthday.

Just a Kid:

Ian loves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and bananas
Ian is happiest playing with paper and boxes, he would rather be outside with his oulder brother then inside with me;he loves peek a boo. Ian is the most joyful and energetic 17 month old boy one would ever meet.
Ian has the cutest smile, his 4 teethed smile just steals your heart, he has the most contagious laugh


I love:


Personally I love how God has given me Ian with all his special issues, I love the joy he has and that he brings to our family. some of my family thought he was a burrden, but now they all know it is totally the highlight of our lives.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

What a cutie!

Johnson Mobley said...

The role and Hire a nanny Sydney importance of nanny services may not be ignored and they are just perfect for every Hire a nanny Melbourne situation. They are all known to take care of your kid and help them grow with time. The Nanny Share best of nannies are all known to get easy with your kids and Nanny share Sydney they are all reliable and fully easy work.