Monday, September 6, 2010

Community

Some days are just harder than others...

I love coming here and knowing that when I say, "We have clinic on Friday," 99 percent of you know exactly what I mean. And you know how I'm feeling. You know because many of you have sat in my chair before. Hoping for this bit of news or that. Gleaning the positives from all that you hear all of the doctors say to and at you.

You know what VCUG stands for without looking at me like I might be speaking a different language. You know that the results of a renal ultrasound could spell more tests or bring a good report. You've watched the doctors eye the way your son or daughter stands or moves or ambulates and you've wished you could read minds.

So, as I get my boys ready to have their sister go to the hospital; as I arrange extra childcare, as I prepare my heart for some good and some not-so-good news, I know that next Monday when I come here to tell you how it went, you will all know what I'm feeling. What I've been through. What my daughter has endured.

Because you've been there, too.

And because we're community.

So, thank you. For being my people. My neighbors on this journey.




by Karin.
(from the HennHouse).

4 comments:

Jill said...

Likewise x 1000!!

Mom of The Fields Fam Five said...

I am going to confess...I had tears in my eyes reading your description....I am right there with you. Thanks for putting this experience into to words. Sometimes we need someone to just SAY IT or express it because we just don't always know how....best wishes!

Joanna said...

Absolutely here for you! Well said. I am so thankful for all of you as well. :)

HennHouse said...

Jill: Thank you....

Mom of Fields Five: thank you... you know my post next week will be all about clinic, too! (And I hope they were good tears, I don't like to make people cry!)

Joanna (and David): This community is a blessing... thank you for your support!