Saturday, May 8, 2010

Chasing Miracles

I was having a really bad day when I stumbled upon the Spina Bifida Kids Blog. It was exactly what I needed at the the very moment I needed it. The past 7 weeks have been a really hard with our daughter Madilyn. I was feeling so overwhelmed. I then found this blog by accident. God works in mysterious ways. I was in need of hope and faith and I found it. The funny thing is I am usually the one who always pulls everyone else up but this time I was the one who needed the lift. For that, I thank you all.

On this beautiful Mothers Day Weekend, I am grateful for all the experiences I have had as the mother of three. Our youngest daughter Madilyn was born with Spina Bifida in 2004. I found a blog entry that I wrote in 2008 that I thought I would share on this most special of weekends.

Monday, December 1, 2008
Miracles are expected in our house. They are prayed for on a daily basis. They are expected because of the choices we make and how we live our lives. Sometimes they arrive in packages and other times they arrive in small and simple ways. But, we chase them. Its become a quest in life to find as many as I can....You see, I am the mother of Madilyn. Today, we went on one of our many drives to see one of our favorite doctors, Dr. Busch. He is just one of the doctors on our team that cares for Madilyn. Today was a good visit. They were able to take the pin out of Madilyn's foot. On October 29th, my lady bug had a simple surgery to fix her baby toe which would prevent the recurring pressure ulcers that were coming under her toe. I have come to realize that nothing with Madilyn is ever quite so simple. So, after 2 trips to the ER, a week stay in the hospital, and 7 casts later, we are finally healing. Miracles happen. Madilyn's life is a miracle. Her smile is a gift. Tonight she was tired. She said she doesn't want to go back to see the doctor tomorrow. I reassured her that we didn't have to go back tomorrow. But, we will return in two weeks. Its our routine. Hopefully the yellow cast will come off for good. If not, we will deal with it. We will chase down another miracle for her.

Some people chase butterflies, but at our house we "Chase Miracles"! May your Mothers Day be filled with hope and courage! I look forward to sharing my experiences with each of you. I think I will go hug Berkley, Tyler and Madilyn!

1 comment:

HennHouse said...

Welcome!! This piece is so beautifully written... and as blessed as you are to have Madilyn, she is equally as blessed to have you for a mom! So glad you found SpinaBifidaKids.